While I am the type of person that finds charm in all four seasons, I am beyond thrilled Summer has arrived. The DC Metro area had 17 consecutive cool, damp days of rain in May; so to say that I’m thrilled it’s Summer might actually be an understatement.
Here’s how I’m planning to make the most the season:
- Two words: ROAD TRIP.
- Host an outdoor dinner party.
- Read three new books (James Patterson’s Beach Road and Beach House are my go-to Summer reads. I’ve read them over and over for the 10 years. I think it’s time branch out.)
- Find the perfect sunless tanner.
- Wash my car the old fashioned way. There’s something nostalgic about it, no?
- Check out Escape Live DC with some girlfriends.
- Try a juice cleanse.
- Make a point to have fresh flowers in the house more.
- Create a killer Summer playlist.
- Find a delicious quick and easy sangria recipe.
I’d love to know… what are your plans this Summer?